Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where has my simple life gone to?

My blog is titled "give me the simple life". Yes that is what I want. Being a student in her senior year trying to graduate, working part-time, and doing a calling, keeping my house clean, keeping up with my spirituality and all that on top of waiting for the guy I am desperately in like with to come around, is exhausting. Yesterday while I was studying for my mid-terms, I felt so happy. It was a good feeling to just think about only one thing for a while.
I know, it is just like me to wax philosophical, but here it goes!!! Maybe the simple life is more of an approach than an actual destination. I have realized lately that so much piece of mind comes when I can just put all the things that I need patience for in the Lord's hands and just trust him to take care of me. This is a constant battle. I do fairly well for a bout 4-5 days and then I start becoming a little control freak again. So I break down, and then I realize what I am doing and I start the process over again.
My own body has started battling with me, to get me to slow down. I have been sick for almost a month. It started out with this flu-ish kind of thing. It was awful. I still feel nauseous on my best days. Then I felt a little better, but the girl time came. Can you really call that well? Now the best part yet. I have been having a hard time breathing and I have a hacking cough. One week ago I made time to go to the doctor. She told me to come back if I hadn't improved in a week. Well here I am . . . what do I do. Go to the doctor to have her tell me nothing new. (I kind of have a jaded perception of doctors).
So. . . I guess in closing. I am going to try and approach my life as though it is simple, and then maybe it will become so :)

1 comment:

Candice said...

Nephite pride cycle? Just a thought, ya know, cause I love you and all that. And I almost felt the need to say "Amen" when I got to the end.