Friday, March 13, 2009

Gratitude

So, I often feel this warm fuzzy emotion I could describe it as Gratitude... no seriously. I have been realizing how much people are innately willing to help. How they are caring and good. Yesterday I mostly just laid in bed. It was a pretty good day.
When my friend, Candice Perry, came over after she was done with school to check on me and keep me company. Candice, who I have briefly met before is my visiting teacher. Or at least that is how it started, know we are like sisters. She spends more time at my house then her own house. Sometimes I forget she is my visiting teacher. So, First was Candice, my little slave :) She helped to fill my humidifier, she helped me with my laundry. What a sweet girl.
Then my roommate Sammie, had her visit teachers over. So, I retreated into my bedroom.
Tara Fitzgerald, who is also the releif society president, pops her head into my room as she is leaving to see how I am doing. She is one of the most pure people I have ever met. She commented on it being nice my visiting teacher was helping me out.
The there is my friend the culinary genius Zach Milliman, who brought me pulled pork sandwich for dinner, and then he stayed and watched a movie with me. What a nice guy.
While he was here my friend Mindy Ammons called and checked on me. Mindy is a graduate student, who has a family of her own, she is like my mom in Utah. She is so cute, tells me if I have to go back to the Dr. she wants to come with me, also calls back, and tells me I should get a blessing.
So, I called my hometeachers at about 10:30 and poof they appeared, they were so nice, to come on such short notice.
And my friend Candice remained faithful until I feel asleep on my bed.

What good people I have in my life. I know for certain the Lord places people in our paths to help us along the way. I am so grateful!

(note on the picture I found it when I googled picture sick person, yeah, it made me happy)

1 comment:

Candice said...

I would like to point out that not only did I stay until you were asleep in bed, but I stayed until I was almost late for work this morning. :D