Monday, October 4, 2010

The choice.

I talked to someone the other day, and told them that I never wrote in my blog. I guess I am writing now because sometimes you just need to get things out.

Life is intricate, it is difficultly beautiful. I believe that you choose your destiny. Are we all bound by fate? Is our life swirling with out any say in which direction it goes? I don't believe so. I believe that there is a God, and while somethings may happen in ways we don't understand we still have a choice. That choice is in our actions. Do we become bitter and resentful or do we stand a little taller and face lives difficulties with grace. Do we hold on to past hurt and mourn our life's condition? No. Why would we want to suffer that way?? Why would we want to have a life without peace? We choose, I choose.

I chose one day that I wanted to be happy. I chose to have hope and faith in something greater than myself, but also in myself. I don't have patience for people who wallow, whine, and wimper about their life being "so hard". To that I say "buck up" and take some responsibility for your own destiny. You decide what you want your life to look like, and take action to make that happen.

I choose peace. I choose happiness. I choose to have good friends. I choose to take care of myself. I choose to have faith and hope. I choose to serve the Lord. I choose. I choose to look for the good in people. I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt. That is my choice.

2 comments:

Tacy Marie said...

You chose to BLOG! I was wondering when we would all get to enjoy some of your thoughts. This was a good reminder to me, with how busy things are in my life I often feeling less like I am acting for myself and more like I am being acted upon. I chose to not be pushed around by bussy-ness.

DJM said...

Greetings my Holly!!! I loved what you had to say and I personally believe that life is full of things that cannot be controlled, and although chaos may be swirling and eddying all about us the one thing that we have ownership of is ourselves. It is so funny that you decided to share this wonderful little epitaph of truth. We all waiver from time to time with our convictions, but as long as we take over the reigns of our own behavior then perhaps the journey of life will be in the direction of our choice. Sometimes we might err and turn down the wrong path, but we have the choice to find our way back onto the right path! Thanks for your thoughts, they are appreciated and enjoyed! I miss you lots and am sending lots of love with this little message! Love, Doni